Where has the time gone? ~ Bullfighter's Cafe
Technorati Profile

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Where has the time gone?







Wow. Where did the time go? The last thing I remember is getting on the 405 freeway in Los Angeles. See that’s a joke, cause it’s been more than a month since my last entry and the freeway is slow moving... okay I know, I’m no comedian.

So where do I start? First, I should mention that grandmother is good and still chewing spikes and body slamming the grandkids. However, one of my aunts unexpectedly passed away and then one of my uncles got married. I’ve seen more of my family in the last month than I’ve seen in the last five years. I didn’t recognize half of my cousins; they’ve gotten bigger, grayer and have more kids. I didn’t even know some were old enough to make kids! After all the time that has past, my family is still crazy, funny and sometimes irritating. My family, I love them.

Here in the café things are getting exciting for Angel and myself. Although, the café appears to be quiet, Angel and I have been talking to people behind the scenes that we believe will help us take the café to the next level. In the next month or two I hope to give you more details on our plans but for the time being, I’m posting a few photos of art shows I went to or were sent to us by artists.

Be sure to check back soon for our next artist feature updates. Until then, call a family member, say hello and catch up on family news. You may have new baby cousins taking your grandma to the matt!

Photos are of shows by Albert Reyes, Magu Lujan and El Fantom.

as always,
pablo

2 comments:

Robert said...

It's great to hear that BFC is going to the next level. The publication gives a voice to the unsung contributors to the film, comedy, art, and other communities who would otherwise be wrongfully overlooked.

Thanks.

Robert said...

I'm glad things are going well. I hope to see what the future has in store for BFC.