The Kid From Brooklyn ~ Bullfighter's Cafe
Technorati Profile

Friday, March 28, 2008

The Kid From Brooklyn

I met Cesar De Leon at NALIP. He was at a table full of filmmakers chatting away about their projects and was kind enough to let me rudely interrupt. I made my way around the table asking each one, what they were working on and why they had come. Cesar quietly waited. I was almost intimidated to get to him. That statement, undoubtedly shocks those of you who know me, but this guy is intense. He has this stare that makes you feel like he knows all your secrets, then he blinks and a warm smile emerges…

Cesar is complex and bold. He seems to have lived a million lives already. This week alone he has sent a rough cut of his feature SALUD to a potential distributor and is applying to the IFP Rough Cut Lab coming in June, he shot a student film, and has landed a small role in the upcoming Natalie Portman film "I love New York. "

I just uploaded his interview (http://bullfighterscafe.com/bfc_filmlounge/cesardeleon.html) and it is fantastic. His trailer is also now playing in our theater (http://bullfighterscafe.com/bfc_theater/03_cesarDeLeon.html). I urge you to check him out asap.

No comments: